- India is a perfect destination for medical tourism that combines health treatment with visits to some of the most alluring and awe-inspiring places of the world. A growing number of tourists are flocking in large numbers because of the excellent medical care at affordable cost and facilities that India offers. India excels in providing quality health care services to overseas tourists at economical and affordable cost. The field has such lucrative potential that it can become a $2.3 billion business by 2012, states a study by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). In 2004, some 150,000 foreigners visited India for treatment, and the numbers have been rising by 15 per cent each year.
- India has become the "Global Health Destination": The cost of medical services in India is almost 30% lower than in Western countries and the most economical in South-east Asia.
- Language is a major comfort factor that invites so many foreign tourists to visit India for medical and health tourism. India has a large populace of English speaking doctors, guides and medical staff. This makes it easier for foreigners to relate well to Indian doctors.
- Indian hospitals excel in oncology, cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, joint replacements, cosmetic treatments, dental care, Orthopaedic surgery and more. The medical services in India include full body pathology, comprehensive physical and gynecological examinations, audiometry, spirometry, Chest X-ray, 12 lead ECG, 2D echo Colour Doppler, gold standard DXA bone densitometry, body fat analysis, coronary risk markers, cancer risk markers, high strength MRI etc. All medical treatments and investigations are done using technologically advanced diagnostic equipments.
- Indian doctors have got an expertise in performing successful cardiac surgeries, oncological surgeries, orthopaedic surgeries and other medical treatments. Reproductive techniques, such as IVF, and a full range of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) services have made India the first choice for infertility treatments.
Popular For: Alternative Medicine, cancer treatment, cardiac bypass, eye surgery, hip replacement. India is a global leader in medical tourism, and one of the world's least expensive choices among medical tourism destinations. Focusing on heart surgery, India also attracts patients with high quality dental care, Ayurvedic spa treatments and other medical and alternative treatments. Medical facilities at India's leading private hospitals are excellent and state-of-the-art. Many visitors complement treatments with a stay at an ashram where they can learn how to meditate or practice yoga from experts in these ancient traditions.
The medical cost savings for treatments in India are among the best in the world, with charges between a third and 10 percent of the equivalent procedure in the US. Many doctors are trained abroad and hospitals attracting international patients are at par with those in the west with all staff being proficient in English. In addition, India has other appealing options with costs accommodation being low. The Indian health and medical industry is large and boasts of well developed infrastructure, particularly like Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Delhi.